- Competitors must present a short style which pays attention to line-outs and tapers on a Male model.
- All products allowed to achieve the finished look.
- Length: The hair length at the top must be a minimum of 6 cm, except the fringe area. The perimeter (sides and back) must be a minimum of 4 cm except the side-burns, before the competition starts.
- Cut: The competitors have the choice to taper the nape area. At finish the hair length at the perimeter (sides and back) must not be longer than 3 cm.
- All cutting tools are allowed.
- All styling tools are allowed.
- All fixing products are allowed (gels, waxes, sprays).
- Any type of colour can be used other than spray on colours or colour chalks.
- To be eligible to go forward for IHF Irish Barber of the Year/Men’s Hairdresser of the Year you must enter the Mens Full Fashion and Mens Freestyle.
- Time allowed: 25 minutes.
- Competition starts: 1.20pm